There are a few common problems that Canon printer owners run into. These common problems can be solved most of the times very quickly.
Canon printers are widely used and are the most well-known printing devices among users across the globe. Like every other printer, Canon printers too come under the category of serious technical issues unexpectedly. So, here we will have a look on common types of Canon printer error codes with their appropriate solutions.
Your Canon printer doesn’t do what you expect it to do and gives an error message. That’s annoying, of course, but the error message can also help you solve the problem. The error code indicates what’s wrong with the printer. I have figured out for you what the main error codes on Canon printers mean and how you can solve the problem.
There are so many reasons which can cause an error in the processing of the printer. Mostly people face this kind of problem with their devices when their printers are not identified by the devices:
- Driver Issue
- Ink Cartridge Issue
- Connection Problem
- Paper Jam issue
- Uninstall/ Reinstall the printer
Error Codes with a number-letter combination
There are many different error codes for Canon printers. Most reports start with a letter, followed by 2 or 3 digits.
Set the paper in the rear tray, and press the OK button.
Error E03 (1300 / 1251)
Remove the jammed paper, and press the OK button. In front part of machine, there can be any problem Remove that, if there ,press the button ok after that.
Remove the cartridge by retracting the output tray extension and re-insert it by pushing it the right place until it fits correctly. Shut down the printer till it gets proper in working.
Lift the cover of the printer, and check whether the cartridge has been placed at the right place or not.
A non-supported ink cartridge is installed. Install the supported ink cartridge.
If you will reset the printer for sometime it will stop the error appear on it, you can do printing.Another option is to replace the ink absorber.
Error E13 / E16
Ink notification. Your printer indicates that it’s out of ink or that you don’t have enough ink to be able to print. Replace the cartridges with new cartridges that are suitable for your device
Error U162 / U163
Indicates there’s a problem with the cartridges. These aren’t necessarily empty, but something else doesn’t seem to be entirely right. Hold the stop/cancel or reset button on your Canon printer for about 10-15 seconds. The error message should now disappear unless the cartridges are empty.
Error E5 / E05
Printhead error. The printhead is not installed, or it’s broken. Open the cover of your printer and see if the printhead is installed correctly.
Error E7 / E07
The cartridges in your printer from the “FINE” line haven’t been properly installed. Usually, this is a 3-in-1-color cartridge. Reinstall the cartridge and restart the printer if necessary.
The printhead or the printer itself is broken. This error message is difficult to solve yourself. Contact our customer service or that of Canon.
- Switch off the printer first
- Hold down all the below given buttons for at-least 10 seconds: Black Photocopy button, Red cancel button, OK button, On/Off Button
- Then carefully release the On/Off button of the printer.
- After turning on the printer, release all other buttons carefully.
Error Codes only with numbers
Other codes from Canon only consist of a number of figures. See below which error codes exist and how to solve them.
General error message. Turn off your printer and wait a minute. Now restart your printer. If this doesn’t work, go through the process in the next paragraph to reset your printer.
Error 5100 / 5200 / 5400 / 5700 / 6000
General error message. It’s possible that there’s still packaging or protection material in your printer. These are used for the protection of the device during transport. Check that you have removed all the foam and various pieces of tape from the printer.
Cartridge error. Your cartridges aren’t recognized by the printer. Check that you have placed the cartridges correctly and have removed any protective tape or clips. Reinstall your cartridge and restart your printer.
- Click on “Apple icon” which can be found located at the top left side of the screen.
- Hit on “System Preferences’.
- Tap on” Print & Fax” icon.
- If you find that the padlock in the bottom left is completely locked then, click to enter your password and hit “OK” button.
- Next, users are advised to remove the printer and then , tap on the “+ ‘ sign to add it again while leaving this options on default mode.
¿HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ANY ERROR CODES?
If the above solutions don’t help, you can also reset the printer:
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer has finished booting.
- Press and hold the stop/reset button on your printer.
- Press the button to make a color copy and keep this button pressed down.
- Wait 5 seconds and then release the color copy button first and the reset button next.
- The printer now reboots and sets itself up.
- Does the printer report that the device needs to be calibrated? Press OK and let the printer do its job.
- Reconnect the printer with the USB cable.