In Kaspersky Lab products, a password or passcode is used to:
- Protect application settings.
- Protect the application against being removed or exited.
- Sign in to the My Kaspersky.
- Change the Kaspersky Safe Kids settings on a parent’s device (in this case, the passcode is your access code).
- Protect data in Kaspersky Password Manager (in this case, the password is the application’s master password).
- Protect data vaults that have been created with a Kaspersky Lab product.
In case you forgets the password that you set for your Kaspersky product Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 or Other Versions, which can prevent you from changing settings. You can remove the password using these following instructions:
How to Disable / Remove Kaspersky password
- Boot to safe mode
- Press the Windows Key + R
- Type regedit and press ENTER.
- For 32 bit user (x86) navigate to:
For 64 bit user (x64) navigate to:
- Double click on EnablePswrdProtect and change the value to 0
- Double click on OPEP and delete the value.
- Restart your computer
(In this example it says KES10. On your computer it may be AVP9, AVP8 or another number)