iTunes error 9 is one of the security software problem and occurs while updating or restoring firmware on iPhone, iPad or iPod via iTunes. This is a serious issue that must be solved and in fact it avoids to access the device. Nothing works on the iOS device due to the error. As for an instance, your PC crashes with error 9 while running the same program. But this error is a very rare code.
iTunes error 9 is among the error codes that appear while firmware updating or system restoring on iOS devices via iTunes. This error is often associated with a message prompt saying,
The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (9).
iTunes Error 9 occurs due to several reasons behind it. Some of them includes:
- Firewall blocking access to Apple servers
- iPhone jailbroken
- The security software avoiding access to Apple servers
- Due to network settings error
- Interruption of USB connection due to damaged ports, cable etc
Fix “iTunes Error 9” on iPhone/iPad
Fix Error Solution #1: Recovery Mode
If you restore your iPhone then you can easily fix iTunes error 9. However you will get two ways to do that. First, when you are unable to access to your computer then its better to restore iPhone directly on your device. Just follow the steps:
Setting > General > Reset > Erase All content and settings, after which a pop-up will appear to enter a passcode
Otherwise there is another option where you can fix iTunes error 9 by restoring iPhone with iTunes
- First open iTunes on your PC.
- Then connect your iPhone to PC with USB cable.
- After that select iPhone when iTunes appear
- At last hit on “Setting” > “Summary” > “restore iPhone”
Fix Error Solution #2: Update iTunes to Latest Version
Sometimes, the error may be caused by the outdated version of iTunes. So, it is a wise choice to make sure that you’re using the latest version of iTunes.
- Open iTunes on your computer > Click Help in the menu bar.
- Check for Updates > Follow the instructions to install the latest version of iTunes.
- Reboot your computer after installing the latest iTunes and see if the iTunes error 9 is fixed.
Fix Error Solution #3: Check USB Port & Cable
Error may occur anytime and when your device is connected with your computer while data transfer and if there is any disconnection between them then iTunes error may occur. Follow the steps and check whether USB connection is in right place.
- Only use the cable that comes with your device.
- Then switch to different USB port on computer but don’t plug it o keyboard.
- Plug it to a different computer
Fix Error Solution #4: Check Anti-Virus & Firewall
iTunes needs to access to lots of network servers to complete the sync and upgrade job, and these network directories may mark iTunes as virus software. So, you should check the anti-virus or firewall on your computer to ensure the availability of iTunes.
Fix Error Solution #5: Clearing iPhone/iPad Cookies, Caches and Histories
If the junk files generated by Safari, Browsing and Webmail on your iOS devices aren’t regularly cleaned out, then your device will run slow and an error 9 iTunes problem might occur the same time.
Go to Settings > Tap Safari > scroll down to the bottom and choose Clear History and Website Data.