Google Chrome users may come across an error called ERR_CACHE_MISS with a message that says “Confirm Form Resubmission“. This error usually happens when they are browsing a website. This Error Usually Occurs when you press Refresh Button or Back Button on Google Chrome while you are filling any Form or Data on any Page.
Mainly this error occurred when your browsers having some problem with caching that particular website or web app’s cache because of some bad coding in that website or app, or maybe something happening with your browsers like, some bugs, corrupted extensions or it also can be the bad browser’s setting and the bad thing is you can’t blame on a single thing without analyzing the problem correctly.
When the cache is overused for a particular website then it would also show you the same error. This error message is displayed due to the failure of DevTools in fetching the resource from cache (without touching network). By the looks of it, it can be stated that this one is not a very serious issue. Yet, it can create problems for you while browsing.
The error reads:
Confirm Form Resubmission ERR_CACHE_MISS
This isn’t an error that would occur for every internet service user and definitely don’t because you are using a chrome or Safari or Firefox or any other browser but there has been a huge increase of this error among Google Chrome Users.
Fix ERR CACHE MISS
Fix Error #1: Clear the Internet Browsing Cookies and Cache
By clearing the browsing data of your browser can get rid out of ERR_CACHE_MISS error. Corrupted browsing data or files in your Chrome browser can cause various issues. In this case you need to clear your browsing data.
NOTE: This method will clear your saved data in Google Chrome i.e., Autofill forms, Saved Password, History, etc. So proceed ahead with caution.
- Open Google Chrome & Copy this link: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- Paste the Link in New tab and click Enter. A pop-up will appear asking which things to clear.
- Select all the options and tap on Clear browsing data option.
That’s it. Check now, ERR_CACHE_MISS Error is most probably fixed.
Fix Error #2: Resetting Chrome to Default
This is pretty easy fix that worked for many people. All you need to do is:
- In Google Chrome Address bar type this URL: chrome://flags/
- Press Enter button and it will load a page with Settings in Google Chrome.
- At the right side in the Settings Page click on ”Reset all to default”and restart the browser.
Now your Chrome Browser Settings are Reset to the Default Settings. So if the error cause was due to some recent changes made by you or 3rd party software in Chrome Browser then now the error would have probably stopped appearing.
Fix Error #3: Upgrade your browser
The earlier versions of Chrome browser can contain bugs that result in ERR_CACHE_MISS error. You can fix problems of this kind by upgrading your browser to its latest version. Try this and see if the error is gone. To check for Google Chrome new version updates.
- Open Google Chrome & Copy this link: chrome://settings/help
- Paste the Link in New tab and click Enter.
- Google Chrome will automatically scan for new updates and will ask to update if any new update is available.
Fix Error #4: Disable Cache System
If you come across ERR_CACHE_MISS error, you can use development tool to disable cache so as to go around this error.
- Open Google Chrome Browser and Press Ctrl + Shift + I keys. Then press F1 key.
- Scroll down to find Disable cache (while DevTools is open) in Network section. Check this item.
- Reload the page or Restart your Chrome browser and see if the problem resolves.
Fix Error #5: Check browser extensions
Some extensions or plugins can affect your browser and cause ERR_CACHE_MISS error. You need to check your Google extensions to find the source of the problem. Though plugins can really be useful, you might have noticed that there are few plugins which keep crashing or even plugin which randomly pop up the user even installing them. It is really important that you remove any faulty plugins/extension or suspicious plugin/extension that can cause the issue.
- Click on control menu of Google Chrome Browser and Select More tools option and then click on Extensions.
- A list of extensions will appear. You can identify the problematic extensions by disabling or enabling them one by one. It is suggested that you try disabling the toolbars and ad blocking tools that you use in that these extensions can usually bring about problems.
Fix Error #6: Reset network settings and Flush DNS.
Due to misconfiguration of DNS or Network Settings, this error is caused. Flushing DNS and Resetting Network Settings may resolve this error. There are different Command available to Flush DNS, renew, release, etc. using which ERR_CACHE_MISS Error can be fixed in many cases. You need to open Command Prompt to perform these actions.
- Click on Windows button and Search for cmd and you will get Command Prompt as a search result. (Right click on it & select Run as administrator option)
- A Command Prompt window will popup. In Command Prompt, enter the following lines. You can Copy the Command given below & paste it in Command Prompt & Press Enter to run them. (You need to press Enter after each line of command and wait for the process to complete before you go to the next line.) Note: Run all the Commands One by One.
ipconfig /release ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew netsh int ip set dns netsh winsock reset
- Once you successfully run all these listed commands, just restart your system or computer or windows and that’s it.