Err Connection Timed Out is the most common error which is often seen in Google Chrome web browser. Chrome running on Mac, iOS, Andorid or Windows no exception for this error. Err_Connection_Timed_Out often happens with only one URL and sometimes with all websites.
The error reads:
This web page is not available ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
The site can’t be reached ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
This error says there is a fatal communication failure between server and the web browser. It might be due to following things:
- Delayed or no response from the server.
- Internet connection is limited.
- Server not responding in time.
- No internet access.
- Failed to establish a connection to the server.
- URL is not valid anymore.
- The server can’t process your request.
Fix ERR CONNECTION TIMED OUT Error
Fix Error. Solution #1: Reset Your Internet Connection
Turn OFF your Internet Connection (Router, Ethernet, Wireless) for 5 minutes and then Turn ON. That’s it.
Fix Error. Solution #2: Clear the Internet Browsing Cookies and Cache
By clearing the browsing data of your browser can get rid out of ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error. Corrupted browsing data or files in your Chrome browser can cause various issues. In this case you need to clear your browsing data.
NOTE: This method will clear your saved data in Google Chrome i.e., Autofill forms, Saved Password, History, etc. So proceed ahead with caution.
- Open Google Chrome & Copy this link: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- Paste the Link in New tab and click Enter. A pop-up will appear asking which things to clear.
- Select all the options and tap on Clear browsing data option.
That’s it. Check now, ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT Error is most probably fixed.
Fix Error. Solution #3: Reset network settings and Flush DNS.
Due to misconfiguration of DNS or Network Settings, this error is caused. Flushing DNS and Resetting Network Settings may resolve this error. There are different Command available to Flush DNS, renew, release, etc. using which ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT Error can be fixed in many cases. You need to open Command Prompt to perform these actions.
- Click on Windows button and Search for cmd and you will get Command Prompt as a search result. (Right click on it & select Run as administrator option)
- A Command Prompt window will popup. In Command Prompt, enter the following lines. You can Copy the Command given below & paste it in Command Prompt & Press Enter to run them. (You need to press Enter after each line of command and wait for the process to complete before you go to the next line.) Note: Run all the Commands One by One.
ipconfig /release ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew netsh int ip set dns netsh winsock reset
- Once you successfully run all these listed commands, just restart your system or computer or windows and that’s it.
Fix Error. Solution #4: Changing DNS settings
The DNS server your computer automatically obtains may not respond sometimes which might cause the ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT issue. That is why you need to change the DNS server address to a more reliable one like Googles or OpenDNS.
- Right-click on Windows Logo & select Network Connections option.
- Right-click on your Active Network (your Active Internet Connection that you are currently using and select Properties option)
- From the list of Options, find and select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties button situated at the bottom right side.
- A new window will pop up. Just check Use below preferred and alternate DNS addresses and Enter the given DNS settings in it. Preferred DNS Server: 184.108.40.206 Alternate DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
- Press OK button to save the settings.
Fix Error. Solution #5: Edit Windows Hosts File
- Press Windows Key + Q then type Notepad and right-click on it to select Run as administrator.
- Now click File then select Open and browse to the following location folder:
- Next, from the file type select All Files which will enable you to see all the files in that folder.
- Then select hosts file and click open.
- Once the host file is open, scroll down to the bottom and delete any IP address or website after the last # sign.
- Click File>Save and close the notepad.That’s all. You have successfully edited the host file. Restart your PC.
Fix Error. Solution #6: Google Chrome Cleanup tool
Using Google Chrome’s cleanup tool is a good tweak we are going to perform, in case of any issues related to browser.
- Download on the official Google Chrome website and Install Chrome Cleanup Tool.
- Click Scan and this tool will automatically remove unusual add-ons, startup pages, tabs etc.
- If our issue is due to errors in Google Chrome, then you might get rid of this err_connection_timed_out issue once the scan is completed.
Fix Error. Solution #7: Disable proxy option
- Press Windows Key + R then type “inetcpl.cpl” and hit enter to open Internet Properties.
- Go to Connections tab and select LAN settings.
- Uncheck Use a Proxy Server for your LAN and make sure “Automatically detect settings” is checked.
- Click Ok then Apply and reboot your PC.
Leave A Comment?