Error Code “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED” has occurred because your Internet not connected to your device. Is an error message that is the most common one while browsing over the internet. This error doesn’t let the browser to pass through and connect to the particular website.
ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED is a Google Chrome Error frequently caused due to misconfiguration of network or sometimes due to Cookies and Caches. This error popups when you frequently visit any website or frequently keep changing the Internet Network you are using. This error occurs and popups usually in Google Chrome or even sometimes in other internet browsers like Firefox or Edge.
The error says:
Unable to connect to the Internet Google Chrome can´t display the webpage because your computer isn´t connected to the Internet. ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED
Fix Error #1: Check Internet connection
Before anything else, you should check the network connection status of your computer.
To do that, try accessing the Internet from a different PC on your network. If you don’t have another PC, you can use any other device such as your tablet or smartphone. If the issue appears only on your PC, it means your router is working properly and that the problem is caused by your PC’s network settings.
Just check the Status of your internet connection, network device or router. Check whether you are connected to the Network you intent to connect with. Also, check if your internet router is correctly configured.
Fix Error #2: Restart Your Internet Devices
Unplug all your Internet Connections like Wireless, Modem, LAN, Ethernet, etc. and leave it for two minutes. Now after two minutes ON your internet connection. If this fix not working go with the follow.
Sometimes you can fix this problem simply by restarting your router. This is a simple procedure, and all that you have to do is to power off your router, wait for a few seconds and turn it back on. After your router turns on, check if the issue is resolved. If the problem still persists, try resetting your router. To do that, you need to find and press the hidden reset button on your router. Alternatively, you can access your router, export your settings and reset it from the settings window. For more information on how to reset your router, we advise that you check your router’s manual.
Fix Error #3: Clear browsing Data and Cache
Sometimes, Clearing Internet Browser Data like Caches, Cookies or History may solve the Google Chrome error ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNETED. Few users reported that cleaning the browsing data and cache can fix this problem on Google Chrome, so you might want to try it. To clear cache on Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Click the Menu icon in the top right corner and choose Settings.
- When Settings tab opens, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Show advanced settings.
- Go to the Privacy section and click the Clear browsing data button.
In Obliterate the following items from field select the beginning of time option. From the list select Cookies and other site and plugin data, Hosted app data and Cached images and files. To clear the selected items, click the Clear browsing data button.
- After the process is completed, restart Chrome and check if the error is resolved.
Fix Error #4: Configure Internet settings
One of the reasons behind the error ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED is an automatic change in Local Area Network settings inside your PC. So, by modifying those settings, you can bring your internet back to work.
- Press Windows key and type Internet Options in the search bar.
- Open Internet Options and go to Connections tab. Click on LAN settings.
- LAN Settings window with few options will pop up. Just make sure the two options, “Automatically detect settings” and “Use a proxy server for your LAN” are deselected. Press OK once you make the changes.
- That’s it. We have fixed and modified the Automatic LAN Settings Detection and if this setting was causing err internet disconnected issue or error for you then probably its resolved now. Check to see the results.
You can follow other methods or solutions for err_internet_disconnected error if you are still facing it.
Fix Error #5: Check security software
Sometimes the security software you are using, such as firewall and antivirus software, can block your Internet connection or your web browser. You should check the settings of the product you use and see if it restricts your Chrome or your network connection. You may need to disable them to solve the problem if necessary.
Fix Error #6: Reset network settings and Flush DNS.
Due to misconfiguration of DNS or Network Settings, this error is caused. Flushing DNS and Resetting Network Settings may resolve this error. There are different Command available to Flush DNS, renew, release, etc. using which ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error can be fixed in many cases. You need to open Command Prompt to perform these actions.
- Click on Windows button and Search for cmd and you will get Command Prompt as a search result. (Right click on it & select Run as administrator option)
- A Command Prompt window will popup. In Command Prompt, enter the following lines. You can Copy the Command given below & paste it in Command Prompt & Press Enter to run them. (You need to press Enter after each line of command and wait for the process to complete before you go to the next line.) Note: Run all the Commands One by One.
ipconfig /release ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew netsh int ip set dns netsh winsock reset
- Once you successfully run all these listed commands, just restart your system or computer or windows and that’s it.
Leave A Comment?