Error code 107 is related to access of https sites from the browser. It is a generic error and might be accompanied by a distinct error message describing the scenario and the components related to the error.
There are many possibilities chrome is displaying SSL Connection Error –ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, there might be problem with System, website or server, let’s take a deeps look about this error and troubleshoot tips.
Before proceeding to look at solutions to fix error 107, you need to ensure that you have installed all updates for your Windows system and also have the latest Chrome browser. Older versions of Google Chrome are known to give error 107 at random intervals.
It is a “SSL connection error”, which basically means your browser is not able to create a secure connection to the server. The following error is displayed:
Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.
Some reasons behind ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
- Invalid System Time
- Firewall is Blocking website or IP address
- Website is blacklisted in Host File
- Browser Extension blocking website
- Cookies and Cache not cleared since many days/weeks.
Fix Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR)
Fix Error Solution #1: Use SSL in Google Chrome
- Open chrome browser and go to setting menu.
- In setting menu, scroll to the bottom and click on “Show advanced settings.“
- Again scroll till you find “Change proxy settings” under Network and click it.
- Go to the Advanced tab, scroll down to security and Check the following boxes: Use SSL 1.0, SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0
- Click apply and again click on Ok.
- Restart the browser.
Fix Error Solution #2: Disable QUIC Protocol
Disabling QUIC protocol will remove this error permanently form Chrome, here’s how you can do it
- In your Chrome browser URL, type there the URL field Chrome://flags and hit enter button.
- Go to the section ‘Experimental QUIC Protocol.’ You will find Experimental QUIC protocol will be active with Default option.
- Now from the drop-down list, select Disabled,
- In the bottom or the page, click on RELAUNCH NOW
By relaunching Chrome, there will be no such errors.