Sometimes while playing your favorite game on Xbox you might encounter certain errors. In most cases these errors are relatively harmless, but some errors can be severe. Users reported Required storage device removed error on their Xbox, and today we’re going to show you how to fix it.
Fix Xbox Error “Required storage device removed”
Fix Error Solution #1: Clear system cache
According to users, they managed to fix this error simply by clearing the system cache. Your cache can sometimes become corrupted and that can lead to this and many other errors. You can fix this error easily by following these steps:
- On the Xbox Home screen go to System.
- Select Storage.
- Select any device and press the Y button on your controller.
- Select Clear System Cache option.
- After clearing the cache, restart your console and check if the problem is resolved.
Fix Error Solution #2: Format your hard drive
Users reported that clearing the cache doesn’t always fix the issue, therefore you might want to try formatting your Xbox hard drive. Keep in mind that formatting your hard drive will delete all files from your drive, therefore be sure to back up all important files. To format your hard drive, do the following:
- Start your Xbox without a disc in its tray.
- Go to Settings > System.
- Select the Storage option.
- List of all storage devices will appear. Highlight your hard drive and press the Y button on the controller.
- Select the Format option.
- You should see the confirmation message on the screen.
- Choose Yes to start the formatting process. During this step you might be asked to insert the console’s serial number, so be sure to do that. You can find the serial number of your console on its back side.
Fix Error Solution #3: Use an 8GB USB flash drive or larger
Users reported this issue while using a 4GB USB flash drive with their Xbox. To fix this problem you just need to replace the 4GB flash drive with an 8GB drive or larger. After doing that, format the 8GB flash drive by following the steps from Fix Error Solution 2. Once your USB drive is formatted, the issue should be resolved.
Leave A Comment?