Kindle Cloud Reader is a way to read Kindle books online in the web browser. If you don’t have a Kindle e-reader, a tablet or a smartphone, you can still access your Kindle books. You can do it on any computer, by opening a web browser and entering the special url address. In some case when select “read now” get a message “Unable to open Kindle Cloud Reader.
Unable to open Kindle Cloud Reader Error If you are using private browsing, go to the setting and turn this off
Fix Unable to open Kindle Cloud Reader
Fix Error #1: Signing out
One thing you can try is signing out of Kindle Cloud Reader and signing back in. To do this, click the gear icon at the top of the screen and choose “Sign Out.” Then, just choose to sign in again.
Fix Error #2: Restart your browser in normal mode
Close your browser. Restart your browser in normal mode. If you are using Private Browsing Mode, please turn off this setting and try again.
If you are running Firefox, the Private Mode is indicated by a mask on a purple background in the upper right corner of the browser window. Other browser have different indicators. I’m guessing that the Cloud Reader needs to store data and/or cookies and the browser won’t let it do so.
Fix Error #3: Upgrade your browser
The earlier versions of Chrome browser can contain bugs that result in Unable to open Kindle Cloud Reader Error Message. You can fix problems of this kind by upgrading your browser to its latest version. Try this and see if the error is gone. To check for Google Chrome new version updates.
- Open Google Chrome & Copy this link: chrome://settings/help
- Paste the Link in New tab and click Enter.
- Google Chrome will automatically scan for new updates and will ask to update if any new update is available.
Fix Error #4: Clear the Internet Browsing Cookies and Cache
By clearing the browsing data of your browser can get rid out of Unable to open Kindle Cloud Reader Error Message. Corrupted browsing data or files in your Chrome browser can cause various issues. In this case you need to clear your browsing data.
NOTE: This method will clear your saved data in Google Chrome i.e., Autofill forms, Saved Password, History, etc. So proceed ahead with caution.
- Open Google Chrome & Copy this link: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- Paste the Link in New tab and click Enter. A pop-up will appear asking which things to clear.
- Select all the options and tap on Clear browsing data option.
That’s it. Check now, Unable to open Kindle Cloud Reader Error Message is most probably fixed.
Fix Error #5: Resetting Chrome to Default
This is pretty easy fix that worked for many people. All you need to do is:
- In Google Chrome Address bar type this URL: chrome://flags/
- Press Enter button and it will load a page with Settings in Google Chrome.
- At the right side in the Settings Page click on ”Reset all to default”and restart the browser.
Now your Chrome Browser Settings are Reset to the Default Settings. So if the error cause was due to some recent changes made by you or 3rd party software in Chrome Browser then now the error would have probably stopped appearing.