There is no doubt that Whatsapp is one of the most used and loved apps in the world. Whether it’s talking to friends and relatives or inquiring about current events, Whatsapp is the undisputed champion in this sector. Therefore, the absence of the notification sound can be a problem, as we will not be able to notice that we have received a new message. Whatsapp does not ring when messages arrive , what to do? Don’t worry, from OneHowTo we will help you with this task. Read on to learn more!
Whatsapp does not ring when messages arrive
There can be several reasons for problems like “my Whatsapp doesn’t ring when messages arrive”. Firstly, from OneHowTo we suggest you check if your phone is in night or silent mode – in these modes, Whatsapp does not play the notification sound. In these cases, try turning up the volume on the device.
In general, on both iOS and Android “silent” mode is indicated by a bell and “night” by a moon. Check if they are activated or not.
Also check your App to see if “Sounds” is enabled. Here’s how to do it step by step:
- Open Whatsapp;
- Click the three dots on the right;
- Click on “Settings”;
- Select the “Notifications” option;
- Make sure “Sounds” are enabled. If not, you will have found the cause of why your Whatsapp does not ring when the messages arrive .
If your problem is actually too many notifications from Whatsapp groups, we also have a solution:
Open WhatsApp Web / Desktop> Menu > Settings > Notifications
Here you can edit:
- Desktop alerts
- Show previews
You will also be able to turn off all chat alerts and sounds for a certain period of time. To turn notifications back on, click Notifications and sounds off . Click to restore.
Whatsapp doesn’t ring
An easy fix that usually works for most electronic devices is to simply restart them . In the case of Whatsapp, we suggest you take the following measures:
- In the phone settings, search for Applications ;
- Within Applications, you should find ” Management ” there. Click on this option and you will see a list of all applications installed on your smartphone;
- Search for Whatsapp and, opening the screen that contains its information, click on “Force close”;
- After that, restart your phone;
- After turning your phone back on, ask a friend to send you a test message and see if you still have problems with the Whatsapp notification sound.
Whatsapp still doesn’t want to work? More radical action may need to be taken . But rest assured, we will do our best not to lose your data and your conversations.
To get the notifications backed up and their normal functioning, you may need to reinstall the Whatsapp application. First of all, it is essential to backup your conversations and contacts, so that you don’t lose anything when you install the application again.
To back off, follow these steps:
- Click the three dots at the top on the right side;
- Select the “Settings & Chat” option;
- Select “Chat Backup”;
- Click “Back Up” and wait. It is advisable to backup when connected via WiFi so as not to waste the data connection.
Once the backup is done, uninstall the application from your mobile. Take advantage of cleaning cookies with Apps that you can easily find in the Play Store to delete Whatsapp traces left on your device.
Now it’s time to download Whatsapp again. Go to Play Store or App Store and download the Whatsapp application. When you sign up, by entering data such as your phone number, the App will realize that you previously had an account and will suggest that you make a backup of your previous conversations (we recommend that you accept).
If Whatsapp does not ring when messages arrive, it could also be because you are using a very old version of the application. This is especially true for those with older smartphones that do not automatically update the operating system, becoming hostage to outdated applications.
In any case, it is always good to check your App store (depending on whether you are an Android or iOS user) and check if by chance there is an updated version of Whatsapp. Another alternative is to access the Whatsapp FAQ and look for solutions to any problems that arise with the App.
If you really can’t solve the problem and you are looking for an alternative to Whatsapp, below we recommend the other most used messaging apps:
- Viber : This application allows users to send messages and make calls for free, just like Whatsapp. The app also allows you to use stickers and GIFs.
- Telegram : Telegram gives more security to your data. It also allows you to form groups with no limit to the number of members.
- Signal : even more focused on security than Telegram, Signal has a high quality encryption, which guarantees the absolute confidentiality of your information. The app allows you to make voice and video calls and to create groups.
- Messenger : originally a Facebook chat, today Messenger is an autonomous platform that does not depend on the presence of an account on the social network. There is also a lighter version of Messenger Lite. Both allow you to send instant messages, make calls, video calls and create groups.