The APC Index Mismatch or STOP 0×00000001 Error usually appears on the screen when Windows is beginning to start, when you insert a CD or DVD in the computer or when you try using the Hibernate feature.
APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Blue Screen Error always comes because of the incompatible system driver and occurs when major system drivers like graphics and audio get damaged or corrupt or outdated.
The error reads:
Your PC ran into a problem that it couldn´t handle, and now it needs to restart. APC_INDEX_MISMATCH stop 0×00000001
This error message could also be accompanied by error codes 0x0000001, 0xC6869B62, 0x97503177 or 0x02A7DA8A and by other similar text: “Your PC ran into a problem and need to restart“.
Fix APC INDEX MISMATCH Error
Fix Error #1: Update Nvidia graphics driver
To fix APC index mismatch error, you will have to update the drivers on your PC. In most cases, Incompatible Display and Audio drivers cause this stop error. So, You must update these drivers.
- Optional: If you cannot access Windows 10, enter in Windows Safe Mode and go to Step 2.
- Start the Device Manager. You can do that by pressing Windows Key + X and choosing the Device Manager from the list.
- Once the Device Manager starts, locate the newly installed device. If you see an Unknown Device, or any device with a yellow triangle, you’ll need to update its drivers.
- You can do that right from Device Manager by right clicking the device and choosing Update Driver Software. In addition, you can also download the latest drivers online.
Fix Error #2: Scan and Fix System Files
To fix the APC Index Mismatch error use the sfc/ scannow command.
- Click on Windows button and Search for cmd and you will get Command Prompt as a search result. (Right click on it & select Run as administrator option)
- A Command Prompt window will popup. In Command Prompt type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Once successfully finish, just restart your system or computer.
Fix Error #3: Uninstall and Reinstall Display adapters
IMPORTANT: Due to the blue screen error, you might not boot into your system normally. If so, please boot your computer into safe mode firstly.
- Press Windows key + R key together to open Run dialog box and type devmgmt.msc in the box and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
- Expand Display adapters dialog.Then right-click on your display adapter and choose Uninstall.
- Tick on Delete the driver software for this device.Then click OK.
- Open run box again (Press Windows key + R key together) and this time type msconfig and hit Enter.
- Tap on Boot option.Then uncheck Safe boot and click OK.
- Now your Windows will reboot normally and install the graphic driver automatically. The error should be fixed now. If it won’t work, please download the latest driver for your display adapter from its manufacturer’s website, like Intel, AMD, NVIDIA,etc.Note: If the latest driver didn’t fix the error, you can try to install its previous version.
Fix Error #4: Turn off Realtek HD Audio Manager
Since this problem can occur due to a corrupt audio driver, you may disable it from the Startup and check whether the problem disappears or not.
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc from your keyboard.
- After opening the Task Manager go to the Startup tab. Here you will see a list of startup apps.
- In this list, if you see Realtek HD Audio Manager on the list then right click on it and select Disable. If you didn’t find the Realtek HD Audio Manager application on the list then turn off all applications from starting with Windows 10.
- Exit from the Task Manager and reboot your PC. If that solves your issue, you should uninstall and install it again.