The Third Party Inf Does Not Contain Signature Information Error is commonly caused by incorrectly configured system settings or irregular entries in the Windows registry. The error name that contains the details of the error, including why it occurred, which system component or application malfunctioned to cause this error along with some other information.
If you are trying to install a driver from a small developer or you want to use an old driver, you may see this alert:
Windows Encountered a Problem Installing the Driver Software For Your Device. Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. The Third-party INF does not Contain Digital Signature information.
.INF file is something which contains setup information for modern Windows operating system. So, When users want to install any driver or something on Windows, this OS requires a .INF file. It contains different sections that specify which data to be copied and the necessary changes to the registry and many more. But, It must include digital signature information. Modern windows won’t allow the installation without a valid signature. So, All drivers must be signed.
FIx The Third-party INF does not Contain Digital Signature Information Error
Fix Error #1: Get the Driver from Official Source
If you face this problem while installing or updating the driver, maybe the installation file is not from the official source. Because that doesn’t contain the digital signature. So, You need to:
- Download the latest driver file from the manufacturer’s website manually.
- After downloading the file, install it on your PC.
- Hopefully, you won’t see the message “The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information.”
Fix Error #2: Script to Disable digital Signature Checking
If the above methods work, you can try to install the unsigned driver anyway. In this case, You will need to disable driver signature verification process:
- First, you have to close all the opened windows and programs of your PC.
- Click on Windows button and Search for cmd and you will get Command Prompt as a search result. (Right click on it & select Run as administrator option)
- A Command Prompt window will popup. In Command Prompt, enter the following code and press Enter key
bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
- After writing the above code, you have to write another code and press Enter Key.
bcdedit /set testsigning on
- Now, You will be able to install any unsigned driver. Then try to install again the driver.
If you prefer to Disable digital signature via GUI method, You need to:
- Open the Start Menu, Click on Power Button.Press and hold Shift and click on Restart.
- Your PC will restart and show you some options on the blue screen. From there, Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.
- Now, Click on Startup Settings and Restart.
- It will restart your PC and show you some other options on a blue screen. Press 7 to choose “Disable driver signature enforcement.” It will restart your PC again.
- Now, You will be able to install any unsigned driver.